Dementia Friendly Community Supporter
Businesses, organizations, community groups and municipal governments who wish to receive formal recognition for their dementia-friendly initiatives will be interested in pursuing this option.
Over the last six years, Alzheimer Societies across Ontario have worked alongside people living with dementia, care partners and community partners as we work toward building dementia friendly communities. We have learned a great deal throughout this process and now have a provincial decal to acknowledge organizations who take Dementia Friendly Communities training** and commit to supporting the Dementia Friendly Communities movement. This will help to raise awareness across our community and create more inclusive and accessible places and spaces!
Here are a few features of the Supporter option:
- ** a formal commitment to have at least 60% of staff (and volunteers, as applicable) trained
- a plan in place to train remaining staff/volunteers
- an identified internal champion or champions to work with the Society on an ongoing basis
- regular follow-up visits/check-ins (6 months, 1 year, annually)
- support from the Society to develop a Dementia Friendly Action Plan – to sustain the initiative and affect meaningful change (e.g. improving accessibility of signage and other physical environmental features; incorporating dementia into accessibility and inclusion policies/plans)
In recognition, Supporters will receive a “Dementia Friendly Community Supporter” decal to use in accordance with the “DFC Decal Recipient Agreement”. Additional recognition opportunities available through the Supporter Showcase and Society social media sites.
For more information and to get started, please call XXX-XXX-XXXX or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org