Join the Cause: Volunteer!
VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED UNTIL EARLY 2021.
This is due to limitations around role placement associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will update our message when recruitment is reactivated.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Looking for a way to get involved with the community and help those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias? Volunteering at ASLM is for you!
Our Coordinator of Volunteers and Recreation Services
will work with you to determine a volunteer opportunity that is best suited to you. No prior experience is necessary and we provide full training and ongoing support for all volunteer positions.
Coordinator of Volunteers and Recreation Services
Note: Social Recreation Programs run during ASLM office hours; If you are interested in Social Recreation Programs, you MUST have some availability Monday – Friday, between 10 am and 4:30 pm, as that is when those programs take place. Please see the program guide or the ASLM website for timing details of specific programs. Social Recreation Programs do NOT run evenings and weekends.
Jan Greene Award for Outstanding Volunteerism
The Alzheimer Society London and Middlesex is pleased to present our 2020 recipient of the Jan Greene Award for Outstanding Volunteerism, Dr. Scott McKay.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Support a cause you believe in
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Establish contacts in your field of interest and gain experience for future employment
- Have fun!
- Volunteers are essential to our success as an organization
- Volunteers are an essential part of many of our social recreation programs
- Volunteers allow us to provide programs, such as the Volunteer Companion Program, that help improve the lives of people living with dementia
- Volunteers are a crucial part of our fundraising events
- Volunteers make a difference to ASLM, the community and local families living with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias!
At the Alzheimer Society London and Middlesex, our dedicated and caring volunteers are an essential part of the programs and services that we offer. Our volunteers know the power of giving their time and effort to work together to help local families living with dementia.
We like to celebrate our volunteers and all the exceptional work that they do. Here are two of our extraordinary volunteers sharing how their time spent at ASLM helped them to create a difference in their community, as well as their own lives.